|【英文記事講読】「ゴートゥートラベル 効果は地域によってまちまち」(505 words)||
Travel campaign has mixed results
The Japan News, August 28, 2020
The government's announcement regarding how many people took advantage of the Go To Travel tourism support campaign revealed regional differences in the effectiveness of the government-sponsored program.
The Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Ministry on Aug. 25 said at least 4.2 million people have used the program in about a month since its launch.
While tourist numbers have rebounded in some areas, some observers believe the effect has been limited, as there are still significantly fewer people in major tourist areas.
The program began on July 22, and the Japan Tourism Agency interviewed major operators and tallied the total number of overnight guests from July 27, when the sale of travel products at discounted prices began, to Aug. 20.
Many tourists are using the campaign to travel short distances, according to the agency. Kusatsu Onsen hot spring resort in Gunma Prefecture saw more tourists hailing from neighboring prefectures such as Saitama and Tochigi. ....
|【Current English Quiz】※解答は次回||
1. 感染症 (in________) (d______)
2. 殺菌する (d________)
3. ３密＝密集・密接・密着 (C_____) (s_____), (C______) (p_____), and (C____) (c______) settings
4. 猛暑 (s c o _ c _ i n g)
5. 酷暑 (s w _ l _ e _ i n g)
6. 残暑 (l _ n _ e _ i n g) summer heat
7. 大雨 (d _ w _ p o _ _)
8. 豪雨 (t o _ _ e _ _ _ _ _) rain
9. 熱中症 (h _ _ _) (s _ _ _ _ _)
10. 総裁選 (p _ e _ i _ _ n _ _ _ _) (e _ _ _ _ _ _ n)
11. GAFA stands for (G _ _ g _ _), (A_____), (F________) and (A____)
12. TPP stands for (T r _ _ _)-(P _ _ _ f _ _) (P _ r _ _ e _ s _ _ p)
1. get infected 2. disinfect 3. Closed spaces, Crowded places, and Close contact settings 4. scorching 5. sweltering 6. blistering 7. boiling 8. lingering summer heat 9. downpour 10. torrential rain 11. deluge 12. best-of-five series 13. ulcerative colitis
I had a couple of furious quarrels with my wife last month, but this month I haven't any with her so far. (23 words)